I am honored to host five sessions (through WordPress KC) at Global Entrepreneurship Week – Kansas City 2017 (GEWKC). As well, I am presenting Getting Started with Marketing Automation for Your WordPress Website on Thursday at 6pm. Don’t miss it!
Global Entrepreneurship Week is an international celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups and bring ideas to life. Founded by the Kauffman Foundation in 2008, it has since expanded to more than 160 countries. Here in Kansas City, GEWKC is organized by KCSourceLink and features more than 2017 sessions in 2017. Nearly all sessions are free and all sessions are open to the public.
All the WordPress KC sessions are WordPress-centric, but provide lots of value for small business owners, regardless of platform used to build their website.
WordPress is a free open source website design platform that is used to build more that 1/4 of all websites on the internet. Learn more about WordPress and get started at wordpress.org
2017 marks my 5th GEWKC as an attendee and I know the event can be intimidating for a first time attendee. This year, GEWKC has a great venue sponsor at Plexpod Westport Commons, so most of the sessions are all under one roof. Already more simple than years past.
To help out you – the small business owner – I’ve created a schedule perfect for small business owners who are eager to learn with the intentions of growing their businesses. There are many thought-leader sessions and sessions for high growth startups, and I encourage you to check them out, but this schedule is aimed at the small gals and guys like you and me, not high growth startups looking for investors.
Global Entrepreneurship Week – Kansas City 2017
Before you can build the perfect schedule you have to register for GEWKC, so go do that now – https://www.kcsourcelink.com/gew
GEWKC Day 1 – Monday, November 13
- 9am – GEW First Timer Support Group
- 10am – Is This a Feasible Business Idea?
- 12 noon – Finding Your Yellow Brick Road for Business Growth: Legal Avenues for Growing Your Business
- 2pm – Take Flight
- 4pm – Define, Design, and Describe Startup Ideas with the Business Model Canvas
- 6pm – Getting Started with WordPress for Your Business
GEWKC Day 2 – Tuesday, November 14
- 8am – ABCs of PPC: AdWords
- 10am – Using Facebook For Business
- 12 noon – Anti-Social Networking
- 2pm – E-Commerce Tips & Tricks
- 4pm – Increase Your Company’s Value Without Borrowing or Raising Money
- 6pm – Securing & Protecting Your WordPress Website
GEWKC Day 3 – Wednesday, November 15
- 8:30am – Boost Your Business with Facebook’s Chris Curtis
- 12 noon – Grow Your Business! Free Target Market Resources
- 2pm – Makers and Merch: Learning How to Sell Your Goods Online
- 4pm – The Gig Economy Powder Keg: How Language Impacts Your Bottom Line
- 6pm – SEO Fundamentals for Your WordPress Website
GEWKC Day 4 – Thursday, November 16
- 8am – Improve Your Sales and Marketing Processes Immediately with 4 Critical Factors
- 10am – Top 3 Leadership Essentials That Drive Revenue in a Family Business
- 2pm – Stupid Question Safe Space
- 4pm – Stand Out from the Competition: Why Your Business Should Participate in Award Competitions
- 6pm – Getting Started with Marketing Automation for Your WordPress Website
GEWKC Day 5 – Friday, November 17
- 8am – Work Life Balance, A Realistic Approach
- 10am – The Brand of YOU! Strategies to Manage Your Online Identity
- 12 noon – Branding 101
- 2pm – Achieve Mass Influence in Your Niche with the SMI Marketing Domination Method
- 6pm – Measuring Success of Your WordPress Website with Google Analytics
Of course, there are many more sessions than I’ve listed, so be sure to register for GEWKC and build your schedule online.
Make sure to take advantage of all the networking opportunities. Bring a stack of business cards to exchange – and make sure to follow up with everyone you meet.
Get Social at GEWKC
Follow along with the GEWKC conversation on social media using the hashtag #GEWKC and follow along with the national Global Entrepreneurship Week conversation with the hashtag #gew2017.
Connect with WordPress KC on Twitter @wordpresskc and on Facebook – http://facebook.com/wordpesskc. Use the hashtag #wpkc to chat about all the WordPress KC sessions. Sign up for the WordPress KC newsletter to get all the info about future Meetups and WordCamp Kansas City – returning April 13th and 14th 2018.
Follow me on Twitter @TravisPflanz and let me know which sessions you’re attending and your GEWKC experiences.
Finally, a big shout out and thank you to KCSourceLink for hosting this great event once again! Follow them on Twitter @KCSourceLink
See you at GEWKC!